Sunday, September 29, 2002

DADDY
When I was ten years old I asked my papa why do you come home so late and
mumma has to do all the work alone. He said I come home late because I work
hard and I work hard so that I can give you the best to grow and live and
love. It wasn't easy for him at all, He worked twenty four hours a day in his
small set up of his own. Papa would come home late, Mumma would fix us
dinner, then they would listen to our stories, and put us all to bed. We
never thought much of it at the time, but it's obvious now that we were his
life. I remember asking him about it, why he made so many sacrifices for us,
and his answer was amazing. "Your success will be my greatest achievement."

From that day on my attitude and actions changed. I had the strength and the
courage to deal with problems instead of turning away. I wanted to push
myself to new heights and racing towards this challenge was the answer. He
came to every competition and was always the first person at the finish line
and the last person to leave. I can still hear those words that changed my
life. His goal was to give us a leg up and the opportunity to do great
things, my ambition is to take that opportunity and run with it.
Remember, task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you.

No comments: